I’ve noticed quite a few Google searches come in looking for things like ‘firefox errors myspace’ and other keywords lately that aren’t necessarily pointed at useful information. So here’s a little recap with some additional information.
Firefox crashes or hangs on Myspace
(keyphrase: running myspace in firefox, firefox randomly closes)
If Firefox crashes/hangs on Myspace or any other site, most of the time it’s simply due to poor code or an incomatible plugin on the page. But there are a few things you can do to remedy the problem:
- Upgrade to Firefox 1.5. A lot of changes have been made since the 1.0.x branch to make Firefox more stable when encountering poor code.
- Report the problem. If Firefox still crashes after installing 1.5 and you want to lend us a hand, just follow these steps:
Details about the Internet Explorer 0-day Exploit
(keyphrase: internet explorer exploit)
Firefox 1.5 Build Identifier
(keyphrase: build identifier firefox 1.5)
Firefox 1.5 and 1.5RC3 are the same build. So if you’re running RC3, there’s no need to upgrade.
These are 1.5’s user agent strings:
- Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8) Gecko/20051111 Firefox/1.5
- Mac OS X
- Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X Mach-O; en-US; rv:1.8) Gecko/20051111 Firefox/1.5
- Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.8) Gecko/20051111 Firefox/1.5